1. Buying Process
2. Maintenance Expenses
3. Сitizenship and residence permit
Сitizenship and residence permit
Benefits of Turkish Citizenship
- Your wife/husband and children under 18 years old can acquire citizenship together with you at the same time.
- When you apply for citizenship, you are not required to declare your assets or income that you currently have in other countries.
- You can travel to many countries without the need to follow a cumbersome visa application process.
- Many of these countries allow Turkish citizens to stay 30 to 90 days without any visa requirement and also some countries grant visas upon arrival or issue electronic visas upon online application.
- The Visa Liberalization Dialogue, the aim of which is to grant Turkish citizens visa-free travel right to Schengen countries, between Turkey and the EU, was launched in 2013. Once achieved, further 26 European countries will be added to the list of more than 100 countries where Turkish citizens can already travel freely. (Read more about the Benefits of Turkish Passport here).
The ways for obtaining Turkish citizenship
- Citizenship by Investment: In 2018, the Turkish government introduced the possibility of obtaining Turkish citizenship in the shortest possible time. Anyone who has bought property worth $ 400,000 or deposited $ 500,000 in Turkish banks can apply. At the same time, the applicant is not entitled to either sell this property or withdraw money from the account for 3 years. Also, those who have made investments in the Turkish economy in the amount of at least US $ 500,000 and those who have created 50 jobs for Turkish citizens can apply for citizenship in an accelerated mode.
- Turquoise Card System: Since 2017, the Turquoise Card System allows people with outstanding achievements in the field of technology, science, economy, sports, culture and art, to apply for a special type of citizenship, which guarantees almost the same rights as ordinary Turkish citizenship. Entrepreneurs and investors can also apply for the Turquoise Card.
- Property and Residence Permit Holders: Any owner of property in Turkey after 5 years of permanent residence may apply for citizenship on condition that he remained in Turkey for at least 5 years during this period. Article 11 of Law No. 5901 lists the requirements for a permanent residence permit. In this case, there are no restrictions on the minimum value of the property.
- Birth: The easiest way to obtain Turkish citizenship is to be born into a Turkish family. According to Article 1 of the Law on Turkish Citizenship # 403, a child born to a Turkish family or in a family where the mother or father is a citizen of Turkey, gets citizenship automatically. Alternatively, if any of the parents receives the status of a Turkish citizen, then their child will also be subject to this right. Anyone who has lost Turkish citizenship can reapply for it.
- Marriage: Many foreigners obtain citizenship after three years of marriage to a citizen of Turkey. But it is necessary to fulfill several conditions: to live together, not put their marriage in question and does not pose a threat to national security and public order.
Owning real estate in Turkey (in any proportion) is the basis for obtaining a residence permit in Turkey.
To obtain a residence permit, you must own or owned by your spouse (s) real estate. Parents in the care of children and minor children can also take advantage of this opportunity after obtaining a residence permit by the owner of the property.
Since April 2014, changes have come into force in the procedure for obtaining a residence permit, according to which real estate owners, on the basis of TAPU, will be able to issue a residence permit for a period of 1 year without leaving Turkey. A request for a residence permit is applied to the local Police Department for Foreigners.
For registration of residence permit you must provide the following documents:
- International passport (original).
- International passport (a copy of the page with photo and the page with the date of the last entry).
- Tax Number (issued free of charge in the local tax office for 5-10 minutes).
- Color photos 3×4 – 4 pcs.
- Health insurance for the whole stay in Turkey (cost depends on age).
- The completed application form for a residence permit (issued by the local Police Department for Foreigners).
- A copy of the Title Deed (the original must be in possession).
- Certificate of the Cadastral Office confirming the relevance of TAPU.
- Proof of address:
- if a foreigner renting an apartment, need to provide notarized rent contract,
- if a foreigner lives in a hotel, need to provide document of hotel reservation,
- if a foreigner lives with a Turkish citizen, need to provide a notarized guarantee from the Turkish citizen.
10. Receipt for payment of state duties and registration card.
For today the process of obtaining the residence permit takes from one to three months. Ready documents will be sent to you by registered letter to the postal address specified in the application form.
If a foreigner has a property in Turkey and residence permit, his family members can also get a residence permit: wife (husband) if the marriage is officially registred, parents under the tutelage and children under the age of 18 years. All other relatives older than 18 years, sisters, brothers can get a residence permit only if the owner is a Turkish citizen.